Feminine Details

Monday, August 29, 2011


What I'm Wearing:
Top: Anthropologie "Twisted Ascot Tee" (here)
Lace Skirt: Free People (here)
Straw Fedora: University Student Store
Bow Handbag: Anthropologie
Earrings: Frou Frou (local boutique)
Sandals: Target



Yet another weekend has come and gone, and I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left of summer! These pictures were taken on one of those perfect summer evenings that make you want summer to last forever (despite all the complaining I have done about it). Although, I must note that the gorgeous park that we took these photos at was ruined by a pageant mother taking head shots of her poor little girl who looked like she had stepped right out of Toddlers & Tiaras...

Anyways, I love this outfit because I got the chance to wear my favorite (and only) fedora, which I unconsciously built my entire outfit around. Believe it or not, I got this puppy on sale in the very small and usually tacky clothing section of my student store. Before that, I had been searching for months for the perfect straw fedora that would actually fit my abnormally wide head. Lucky for me, these hats went on sale at the end of the year and I decided to try one on for fun after wandering into the store to pick up some hi-chews and lemonade. To my surprise, it actually looked good...fit on my head...and fit my budget! 

I decided to pair my fedora with some feminine details to balance out its boyish style. This bow purse is one of my favorites and despite its bold print, tends to work with most outfits. I also love my delicate lace  skirt which, until now, I have always had trouble styling. However, this mustard-beige top seems to compliment it well and I definitely plan to pair these two pieces together again. All in all, this outfit was great for a warm summer evening of wandering, shopping, and seeing Our Idiot Brother (which is hilarious...especially if you already love Paul Rudd).

Another note:
I visited my best friend at her college this weekend and she introduced me to one of my new favorite Starbucks drinks. Maybe some of you have already tried it...but if you haven't, its a great alternative to a Vanilla/Hazelnut Latte if you are craving something lighter (and cheaper).

Grande Iced Coffee
Soy Milk
2-pump Vanilla
1-pump Toffee Nut

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger