Date Night

Sunday, August 14, 2011


What I'm Wearing:
Top: Urban Outfitters (similar here)
Skirt: Urban Outfitters (different color here)
Belt: Nordstrom BP
Shoes: Cathy Jean (similar here)
Handbag: B. Makowsky


Ditchin' the handbag. Why?  Cuz I'm a modulll

Tonight we went out for a little date night which included eating dinner at Lucille's and seeing The Change-Up (which for those of you who haven't seen it, is surprisingly good!). Our date night began however...with my first official photo shoot for my blog, which I thought went pretty smoothly despite the fact that I'm using a 3 year old point-and-shoot camera and a cop who had nothing better to do was hovering around us in the parking lot like we were 13-year-old hooligans.

My outfit for tonight pretty much developed around this blouse. Its one of my favorites...in fact I really should have put it on my Best Summer 2011 Purchases...but there was no picture on the interent and I got lazy, so there you have it. I've never paired it with this skirt, but when my eyes came across this skirt in my closet, there was sort of an "ah-ha!" moment and I somehow knew they would look good together. My boyfriend likes to call these "ah-ha!" moments...having a good fashion sense?Anyways, I'm currently crushing on all things rust, orange, and red so I've been reaching for a lot more warm colors lately, and this skirt (which I snagged for $9.99!!!) is no exception! 

All together, I'm pretty happy with how it all—outfit, food, movie, night—turned out..any thoughts?


Extra Snaps:
artsy pic of my photog. I'm so edgy?
boyfriend (aka photog aka Andrew...you can find him here) arguing that there was no point in taking his picture
...but I was so proud of his outfit!
 
must. own. this. lamp./give back to the kid in A Christmas Story
officially wish-listed for future apartment.

2 comments:

  1. Love the floral top! And mustard is one of my favs these days!!! So cute on you!
    http://www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just getting ready to tell you I am in love with rust right now and your skirt rocks. Even better that you got a good deal on it. (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger