Playing with Color

Tuesday, August 16, 2011


What I'm Wearing:
Striped top: H&M
Skirt: Anthropologie (on sale in stores now!)
Belt: Vintage, bought at flea market
Necklace: H&M
Shoes: Cathy Jean
Watch: DKNY




Ever since I saw Jessica's adorable outfit from What I Wore, I became obsessed with finding kelly green and navy stripes. To my surprise, this top popped up in H&M that same week...and I immediately knew I had to have it! (Another note: I love stripes and I've actually had to ban myself from buying anymore to avoid turning into this.)

One of my favorite things about summertime and early fall is that you can experiment with bright colors and won't look out of place. I'm so happy with the way all these colors came together, and I feel like the coral strand necklace (which I usually wear in a set of 3) added just the right amount of extra color pop. Although this outfit has the perfect prep-school feel, I did not wear it to my lovely statistics midterm this morning and instead opted to wear head-to-toe gym gear to make people think that I'm smart and athletic...(I did not go to the gym after...but I did get Starbucks?) But, I'm wearing this to work tonight and hoping to encourage customers to play around with some of the amazing brightly colored pieces Anthropologie is offering right now! 

On another note...this amazing coffee kept me wired for my midterm this morning. I usually hate hate hate instant coffee, but somehow Starbucks has managed to make VIA super delicious! Seriously...its the best.


Whats also the best? this 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger