Summer Stripes

Thursday, August 25, 2011


What I'm Wearing:
Striped Top: Anthropologie "Striped Era Tee"
Jean Shorts: Life in Progress via Forever 21
Glasses: Chanel via LensCrafters
Wishbone Necklace: Etsy
Handbag: Vintage Dior (from great aunt)
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider (here)


trying to recreate my Date Night photo? maybe...
I originally wore this outfit with jeans to my statistics class this morning. But then the sun came out and I remembered it was still summer...so I changed into shorts. Personally I liked it better with jeans, but when its about 90 degrees outside, a long sleeved shirt and jeans just won't cut it. In fact, I'm surprised that I made it through the whole day wearing this shirt/I don't know why I can't just accept that fact that its still summer.

If it were fall, however, this would be the perfect back to school shirt. I snagged it yesterday on a quick shopping trip with my mom. Its one of Anthro's new arrivals, and although I usually wait for things to go on sale...I'm very happy with my purchase :) The colors automatically make me think of autumn leaves and the baggy cut is perfect for a windy day. But, what I love most about this shirt is the interesting mismatched button detailing down the side and the uneven seam, with the front being shorter than the back. This shirt is a perfect example of how Anthropologie can turn a typical top into something interesting and unique.

Overall, I really liked how my outfit came together. Can't go wrong with classic stripes and Sperry's.

On another note, I just bought mustard colored felt to re-create this flower, as I had mentioned I would in a previous post. Wish me luck...(if you don't see the finished product within the next few days it means I failed miserably and/or managed to seriously injure myself with craft scissors and a hot glue gun).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger