Daisy Bell

Tuesday, August 30, 2011


What I'm Wearing:
Peasant Top: Anthropologie "Blaue Blume Blouse" (on sale here)
Jeans: Citizen of Humanity Dita Bootcut via Buffalo Exchange 
Earrings: Nordstrom BP (similar here)
Belt: Nordstrom BP
Sandals: Target
Cross-body Handbag: Fossil



This was one of those shirts that looked so shapeless and unflattering on the hanger that I never bothered to try it on or wish list it on Anthropologie's website. However, once this shirt went on sale this morning I gave it another look in the store and finally decided to try it on for fun. Well...it was love at first try-on (?) theres a reason that isn't a clichéd phrase... I love the fit, I love the daisies, and I love the hippie-feel of this top. It also worked perfectly with the bohemian earrings I was already wearing when I tried it on.

I paired it with my new (when I say new...I mean second-hand) favorite bootcut jeans that I snagged at Buffalo Exchange for $20 (the same cut is retailing in different washes for $160 right now!!). I'm telling you this because:

a) As you have probably already noticed, I'm not the type of person who hides the fact that they got something on sale.

b) I'm honestly more proud of the fact that I got these second-hand jeans for such a steal rather than the fact that I now have a pair of [what used to be] expensive jeans.

c) Today, I told my boyfriend about the amazing deal I got and he reminded me that this was about the tenth time I had told him...I need a new audience.


Off to do the statistics homework I have procrastinated on and get some sleep before my 6am (!) work shift tomorrow. I think I'll be needing a triple shot espresso tomorrow morning...

1 comments:

  1. This top is totally cute with the belt.
    I'm the same way about sales/cheap I would way rather brag about finding something on sale than buying full price!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger