Fine Print

Friday, September 2, 2011


What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Nordstrom BP (different color)
Earrings: Anthropologie
Watch: DKNY
Sandals: Target
Cross-body Handbag: Fossil
Bun: Self-sculpted


Just like in contracts and business deals, there should be fine print when you buy a piece of clothing. I absolutely loved this dress when I tried it on and it seemed to be the perfect length and everything. However, fast-forward a couple days when I actually wore this for the first time to work...and I quickly discovered the fine print of this lovely printed dress (I'm punny).

Because I work in a clothing store, I am required to go on my tip-toes to put things away, as well as bend all the way down to pick things up off the floor. The only problem? When I did either of these, my entire bottom popped out from under the black slip of this dress!! To make matters worse, it was covered by the chiffon print, which just made it look weird. Although I managed to avoid flashing customers while the store was still open, when we closed..there was no hope for me or my coworkers.

The problem is, I don't want to return this dress because a) I already wore it for a 5 hour shift and b) its preeetty. So, I'm going to have to figure out some sort of slip attachment to make this dress work/going-out-in-public-appropriate.

Lesson learned? Be that girl in dressing room jumping up and down/doing squats to test drive every piece of clothing before I buy it.

ballet buns ♥ 
P.S. I discovered an anomaly at Starbucks the other day when I got my triple shot latte before my 6am shift. A grande vanilla latte with an added shot is more expensive than a venti latte...which already includes 3 shots of espresso. Next time, I'm either haggling with the barista, or making it complicated and changing my venti order to taste exactly like a grande 3-shot latte (less milk, more coffeeeee).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger