Buttoned Up

Monday, November 24, 2014

fall outfit with plaid Equipment blouse
Thanksgiving outfit idea: plaid blouse layered over black dress
fall #outfit idea: layer a button-down over a simple dress
fall #ootd: silk plaid blouse + black dress + ankle boots

You can only wear a button-up so many ways, but I think I've maximized the number of ways to style this Equipment blouse that I got on major discount at their on-site store a couple weeks ago. I don't know if I actively make an effort to not wear form fitting clothes, but the button-up + dress combo is the perfect way to create the illusion of a shift dress with two pieces. I've also found that I can create the illusion of being "fancy" by simply buttoning the top button on said blouse. I briefly considered belting my "fancy" combo but actually prefer the loose, flowy look instead. My days of belting anything and everything are long gone. Replaced with the notion that everything I wear can and should feel (but, hopefully not look) like pajamas. 

I will definitely be recreating a similarly comfy look like this for Thanksgiving dinner. Also, not to sound like a broken record/girl without a calendar but WHEN did it become the end of November? I'm tragically unprepared for the holidays and still haven't dry cleaned my party dresses from 2013 (wish I was kidding.)

___________
Outfit Details:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger