Looking Up

Saturday, November 22, 2014

stairwell perception via The Caffeinated Closet
via The Caffeinated Closet
DTLA skyline night photography
black and white night photography
In the midst of my postgrad funk (which I very well could still be in the middle of, but things are definitely looking up), I decided to sign up for a photography class downtown. Ever since I got my DSLR a few years ago, I've managed to teach myself some of the basics but have generally avoided the big scary "M" setting on my camera. M = Manual—pretty obvious, but figured I'd add that in to avoid any confusion. Signing up for the class was kind of a big deal for me. When you're working full time, it's very easy to constantly make the excuse that you're "too busy" or "too tired" to pursue other hobbies outside of work. I can't tell you how tempting it is to come home every night after a long commute, eat dinner, and veg on the couch watching SATC reruns while drinking wine and speed-Tindering until I'm 100% sure I accidentally swiped 3-5 future soulmates left due to careless error. (I know my life sounds pretty glamorous right now, but please hold all judgements until the end of this post slash don't ask me how I managed to go from photography class to Tinder...)

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the class so far and already feel like I'm using twice as many settings on my camera than I have in the past two years. Our first class assignment was to take photos that represent one of the 5 elements of photography (composition, light, color, the moment, and atmosphere), so it was fairly open ended. I wound up with a bunch of night photos taken during my last class session and after work. I wouldn't call them any sort of series, but I do like how light plays into each of them in a different way.

P.S. prepare for more photography posts like this each week :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger