Cookbook: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Saturday, August 11, 2012


Ever since I came across this pin on Pinterest, I had been dreaming about making (and eating) these healthy and delicious oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes—two very good things in one place! So last Saturday, Andrew and I decided to make some breakfast together and adapt our own (and slightly less vegan) version of this pancake recipe from the Minimalist Baker


Ingredients
1 ripe medium banana
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon almond butter
1 Tablespoon canola oil
3 Tablespoons almond milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
3 Tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
(I tried to use less...but Andrew added in the third tablespoon!)

Instructions
Preheat a skillet to medium heat or about 300-325 degrees.
Mash your very ripe banana with baking powder.
Add egg, oil, salt, vanilla, almond butter, almond milk and stir.
Stir in oats and flour until just combined.
Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold gently.
Scoop scant 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased griddle.
Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side – until golden brown.
Serve with syrup (organic maple for Andrew, Aunt Jemima's sugary goodness for me)


And...voilĂ ! The recipe made eight small pancakes that we split, and they tasted great with and without the syrup. The banana also gave them a yummy and moist texture, and next time I might even add another half since I love bananas so much ♥

P.S. Since Andrew and I will be living in an apartment together this fall, you might see more cookbook posts as we start (attempting) to learn how to cook together!

Have a great weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I need to make these delish looking babes! Thanks for sharing :) Breakfast foods are my favorite things to cook!

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! I could eat eggs, pancakes, and french toast all day long! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger