Feeling Sentimental: One Year Blogiversary

Sunday, August 12, 2012

*wish

Today marks the one year anniversary of The Caffeinated Closet! On one hand, it's hard to believe I have been documenting my outfits and little bits of my life and love for a whole year now. However, on the other hand, I almost can't remember what it was like before I started this little blog. When I began blogging last summer, I wanted a place to document my personal style and share my love for fashion (and coffee) with others. But, it has become so much more. It may seem silly, but this blog has become a huge part of my life and is definitely very important to me. When I started college and left my "involved" high school life behind, I struggled to find my place. Writing this blog has allowed me something to claim as my own and has given me a little sense of purpose. Not only has blogging helped build my own confidence in both fashion and writing, it has also helped me develop and discover my future career goals. Had you asked me last summer where I saw myself after graduation I would have begrudgingly mumbled "law school." But today, thanks to the new world of media that blogging has opened me up to, I can confidently say I hope to be doing something fashion-related in social media/marketing after college.

While I'm not sure what direction this blog will take in the next year, I am definitely excited to see where it goes. I plan to keep documenting my life through my outfits, and also hope to add more elements of cooking and travel while I study abroad in Ireland this fall. Finally, I want to thank everyone who has followed me on my blogging adventure—you have all encouraged and supported me in more ways than you know.

So...here's to another year of blogging!

xo,
Melina

5 comments:

  1. You are seriously so cute, Melina!  I can't even remember how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did.  You have inspired me to step outside of my fashion comfort zone, and enjoy every sip of my coconut soy latte.  Best wishes to you as you realize your dreams. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! Congrats on 1 year blogging anniversary! So you are going to Ireland?! That's gonna be amazing! I look for to seeing more travel posts! =)

    Gracie's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Happy 1st year :)

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Melina!  I love reading your blog and I look forward to your adventures in Ireland.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog today...and want to wish you a very happy blog-iversary! I hope you keep blogging for many long years to come, because you have some pretty awesome posts here :)  I love your style and your ideas...and will definitely be following you :)
    <3 Cambriajupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger