Inspiration

Thursday, May 3, 2012

What I'm Wearing:
Top: Anthropologie (remixed)
Sweater: Nordstrom Brass Plum
Skirt: Anthropologie "Million Pleats Midi" (remixed)
Necklace: self-made from bracelets (remixed)
Watch: Michael Kors
Flats: Steve Madden (similar)
Believe it or not, it wasn't until my friend mentioned that I looked like a ballerina with a leotard and tutu that I realized how dance-inspired my outfit was. And looking at these photos, I even notice that my fuzzy sweater reminds me of the sweaters I used to wear over my leotard after my ballet classes.

Well, unintentionally dance-inspired or not, I'm happy I finally pulled this skirt out of my closet. I am always meaning to wear it, but always too lazy to actually style it up. So, pleated midi, here's your time to shine.
And please excuse my cheesy dance photo...I felt obligated to stick with the theme.

7 comments:

  1. I  love the pleated maxi, Melina! And, yes, the outfit does remind me of the ballet, but that's a good thing! Lovely!-Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally got the ballerina vibe when I saw your outfit!! That skirt is beautiful...love how you wore it higher on the waist with the bow off center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt! The last picture is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness so ballerina and so French chic! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute skirt and outfit! loves it!

     http://www.kellydillon.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger