Black Friday

Saturday, November 26, 2011

What I'm Wearing:
Top: Anthropologie Bailey 44 "Instant Classic Tee" (different color here)
Jeans: AG "The Stevie Ankle" (here)
Scarf: Madison Bleu
Watch: DKNY
Boots: Nordstrom Brass Plum
Congratulations to myself, for surviving my first Black Friday working retail. I successfully managed to drive back home for a few days, drive back to LA Thanksgiving night, wake up at 3:30 am for my 5:00 am shift at Anthropologie, work through masses of bargain-hunting shoppers for 8 hours, and drive back home.

And this outfit got me through it all (as well as a Grande 3-shot soy latte), even though these jeans are a size too big and my shirt is somewhat see-through...*

All in all, it was a good learning experience, and I'm happy to say I probably won't be facing Black Friday again for another few years (since I'll most likely be in Ireland next Fall!).

*remember: there's nothing a scarf, belt, and cup of coffee can't fix.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes- I can't imagine working retail on Black Friday. I know how many crazies I encountered just shopping. I'm sure there were a whole lot more while you were working!!! Glad you survived. I don't think anyone should have to work Black Friday more than once every few years LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger