Working Girl

Saturday, November 19, 2011

What I'm Wearing:
Top: Forever 21 (similar)
Cardigan: Nordstrom BP (similar)
Maxi Skirt: Nordstrom BP (similar)
Necklace: gifted
Scarf: Nordstrom (similar)
I'm sitting in Starbucks (surrounded by holiday decorations and peppermint mochas) as a write this post. It's super crowded in here because its during Starbuck's buy one get one free holiday special. I love the holidays...and as you know, I love coffee. So, what could be better than my two favorite things in one place? It's pretty amazing, even though this wonderful holiday atmosphere does not facilitate focused studying...

I wore this outfit yesterday for a long day at work. I've found that maxi skirts and dresses are the perfect uniform for work, because they feel like pajamas even after 8 hours on my feet. I also love that I can add a scarf to any outfit and automatically make it fall-appropriate. Anyways, I'm scheduled for quite a few shifts next week for the Thanksgiving holiday, and even though I wasn't crazy about it at first, I love my job...and I especially love it during the holidays.

Anthropologie during the holidays = Starbucks during the holidays? It's a toss up....

11 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I love it! Following now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty outfit. You look great in that maxi skirt!!!
    Glad you love your job & especially during the holidays. I have a feeling not everyone (probably not most) in retail loves their job during the holidays LOL. Not sure that I would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! and haha yes very true!

    -Melina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, here's another inspiring maxi skirt outfit! I really do have to get off my lazy butt and style my black maxi skirt. My only issue is if it rains. You look so slender in this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm you could always wear ankle boots? I have yet to try that...but it sounds like it would work! and thank you very much! :)

    -Melina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and I LOVE IT! You are precious! And I am loving your scarf sister! Come check out my blog soon, I am doing an AWESOME giveaway! Here is the link! http://www.lovelinds.com/2011/11/stella-and-dot-giveaway.html

    Xoxo Linds

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks thats great to hear! I will definitely check out your giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you styled your maxi skirt! So chic! And Nordstroms is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you! I love Nordstroms so much...I always find amazing basics in their Junior's section.

    -Melina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit! Looks very comfy!
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger