A Black Dress Affair: Day to Night

Monday, November 7, 2011

What I'm Wearing:
Day                                                   Night
Dress: Nordstrom BP (here)                          Dress: Katwalk boutique
 Pumps: Nine West                                    Heels: Steve Madden
These photos are from my sorority "Presents" day ceremony and night date party. It is tradition for the old members to wear black dresses, while the new members, who are being "presented" to the sorority, wear white. If you are looking for the perfect party dress, the black dress that I wore for the day ceremony (here) comes in six different colors and is flattering on almost all body types because of its strategic ruching. In fact, many of the girls who were being presented had it in white, and they all looked fantastic.

As for the black dress I wore for my date party, its definitely more revealing than the dresses I usually wear. However, I've always wanted to make a statement with a backless dress, so when I saw this dress online a few months ago, I knew it would be perfect for this event. A foot of dress tape and sticky gel bra later...and it was good to go!

Anyways, please excuse my lack of posts these past few days. I've been in a bit of a mid-quarter crisis and have been feeling pretty stressed and overwhelmed. But here's to a new (and hopefully less stressful) week...

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger