The Archives

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

burgundy leather bag
high waisted denim spring outfit
Downtown LA skyline
lace cardigan + high rise jeans
how to style high waisted denim
Downtown LA skyline
As I'm sure I've mentioned many times before, I'm a bit of a clothes hoarder and will keep certain pieces for years. I like to think of my closet as a collection of my favorite things and I often pull from "the archives" when I look at my wardrobe (full of clothes, mind you) and foolishly declare: I have nothing to wear! Which on this particular day translated to: I have nothing new to wear, and will therefore pull out my tried-and-true cardi from one of my very first blog posts.

That's the thing about having a blog. I've documented the wear and tear of this silly little cardigan that I got on sale (yes I still remember and yes you should read my old posts and cringe with me) and, without realizing it, the past 4 years of my life in between. It's a little unnerving reading old posts, realizing how much my priorities have changed over time. It makes me half-miss college, while half-realize I was a complete nutcase who stressed out way. too. much. (Admittedly still kind of do, but I'm getting better!) Anyway, do yourself a favor and look back at a photo from your own archives (old Myspace?—would love if mine still existed in cyberspace). Maybe it'll get you thinking about life and priorities and things like that. Or if you're like me, maybe you'll just really question why you thought that haircut was a good idea.

Nostalgia aside, a word to the wise: this whole "archive" rule should really only be applied to fashion. But at the same time...sometimes you won't know unless you try. At least that's what I seem to keep telling myself.

Happy hump day :)

___________
Outfit Details:
Anthropologie Lace Cardigan
Banana Republic Tan Sandals

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger