To the Best Year Yet.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I originally started this post intending to do another "Looking Back: Twelve Outfits for 2012" just as I did here for 2011. But, after going through my posts trying to compile a list, I realized it really couldn't be done. Because, 2012 has been so. much. more. than just a collection of outfits. However, for the sake of walking down memory lane...here's a collection of my favorite posts of the year!






To put it simply, this year has been one for the books. Looking back, I can't believe all the wonderful opportunities I have had this year and how much I have learned in these twelve short months. When it comes to years, I tend to organize my memories by school year rather than calendar year. So, as I was going through old photos, I was surprised when I realized that both my trips to Seattle and New York happened in 2012 as well. I don't really know how else to say it...but normally my life is not. this. exciting. Before this year, I had only been on a plane once when I was in sixth grade. I had always liked the idea of traveling, but it wasn't until this year that my love for traveling truly became a reality. The past four months I spent abroad were amazing, and almost feel like a dream now that I am home.

A part of me just wants to write a really long list of all the notable things that happened to me in 2012...but I'm pretty sure no one (including myself) would really want to read it. Mostly, I'm just trying to put into words how blessed I feel and how much I don't want this feeling to end. The truth is, while I am excited to go back to LA for winter quarter and move into my new apartment with my best friends, I am anxious for what the next year has in store. I don't do well with change, so I know these next few weeks (or months) may not be the easiest for me. Nevertheless, I am ready for the adventure and want to make the most of my last year and a half in college.

So...here's to 2013. I really don't know what this year will bring, but all I can hope is that it brings me just as much joy as 2012—even if it may come in a slightly different form.

Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger