Cork, Sweet Cork

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Over the past four months, this blog has been filled with photographs from my travels all around Europe. However, I feel like I never got around to posting (or even photographing) too many photos around Cork City, except for this handful of posts and some snaps on Instagram. When you live somewhere for four months, I think it becomes easy to think of the place as "home" rather than as a destination or vacation. Once a place becomes familiar, there is no longer the same compulsion to constantly take pictures that exists (at least for me) when I am visiting a new place.

Even living in LA, I tend to photograph places that are "new and exciting" and have failed to document simple places like my favorite spots around the city, areas on campus, or even my current apartment (side note: once I am finished decorating, I will definitely make an effort to post some photos! :)). So, during my last week in Cork City, I made a conscious effort to take photos of our usual stomping grounds. The photographs above are my favorite places in the city—places that Andrew and I would visit almost every single day. Especially The Bookshelf...I can't tell you how much we loved The Bookshelf.

Cork was such a cool city to live for four months. While it wasn't the prettiest city, it definitely had a lot of character and there were new places to discover every day. Andrew and I have made a promise to each other that, one day, we will return to our Cork, sweet Cork :)

2 comments:

  1. it looks like a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I was just searching for some new style blogs to follow and stumbled upon yours...which is perfect because I'm actually headed to Cork next spring to study for a semester! Thanks for helping me visualize my new home : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger