Saying Goodbye...

Monday, November 12, 2012


This past week has not been an easy one. On Thursday morning, I had to say goodbye to my best friend of 12 years through an iPhone. It killed me that I couldn't have said goodbye to my sweet pup in person, and that I was over 5,000 miles away from my family at a time that I needed them most.

Losing a family pet is never easy, as I know when I said goodbye to my sweet Charlie last summer. However, there is something terribly unsettling about not being—or even having the option to be—home during it. Although I am having an amazing experience abroad, now is one of those times that I just want to be home...


To my sweet little Katie Ann Van Whiskers,

thank you for letting me dress you up everyday for about 5 (or maybe 10) years straight.
thank you for being my guinea pig on the "slides" I used to create from our living room furniture.
thank you for being too smart and too much of a little human to play fetch. (maybe...)
thank you for hiding out in my room to comfort me every time I was down.
thank you for understanding when I had to move away to college...
and thank you for always giving me a warm welcome
and a "roo-ROOO" when I came home.

thank you for snuggling, cuddling, and loving me.
thank you for being the little sister I never had.
but most of all, thank you for growing up with me. 
a lot can change from 8 to 20...
but the two of us always stuck together :)

love always,
your big sis

4 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry! i can't imagine how hard it's been for you to be so far away. i hope you'll be filled with peace and comfort this week! *e-hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. This is such a lovely tribute to your sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger