Saying Goodbye...

Monday, November 12, 2012


This past week has not been an easy one. On Thursday morning, I had to say goodbye to my best friend of 12 years through an iPhone. It killed me that I couldn't have said goodbye to my sweet pup in person, and that I was over 5,000 miles away from my family at a time that I needed them most.

Losing a family pet is never easy, as I know when I said goodbye to my sweet Charlie last summer. However, there is something terribly unsettling about not being—or even having the option to be—home during it. Although I am having an amazing experience abroad, now is one of those times that I just want to be home...


To my sweet little Katie Ann Van Whiskers,

thank you for letting me dress you up everyday for about 5 (or maybe 10) years straight.
thank you for being my guinea pig on the "slides" I used to create from our living room furniture.
thank you for being too smart and too much of a little human to play fetch. (maybe...)
thank you for hiding out in my room to comfort me every time I was down.
thank you for understanding when I had to move away to college...
and thank you for always giving me a warm welcome
and a "roo-ROOO" when I came home.

thank you for snuggling, cuddling, and loving me.
thank you for being the little sister I never had.
but most of all, thank you for growing up with me. 
a lot can change from 8 to 20...
but the two of us always stuck together :)

love always,
your big sis

4 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry! i can't imagine how hard it's been for you to be so far away. i hope you'll be filled with peace and comfort this week! *e-hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. This is such a lovely tribute to your sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger