The Cliffs

Monday, November 5, 2012

On a recent trip I took to Galway, I was fortunate enough to spend some time at the Cliffs of Moher. Having seen the Cliffs so many times in pictures, I thought I knew exactly what to expect (note: I was still really excited). However, when I finally saw them in person, the Cliffs far exceeded my expectations and truly took my breath away. Some of the most amazing views of the area were atop O'Brien's Tower (the little castle in some of my photos) and although it was incredibly cold and windy at the top of the tower, the 360-degree views were definitely worth the climb.

My other favorite part of the area was the small path along the Cliffs that had been created to the right of the actual protected pedestrian walkway. This pathway was practically on the edge of the Cliffs, and walking on it definitely gave me a thrill. I'm not particularly afraid of heights, but I was very proud of Andrew for facing his small fear of heights and walking along the path with me :)

We also got really lucky with weather the entire weekend. In fact, it is usually super gloomy and rainy in Galway, but ironically it was sunny all weekend and rainy back home in Cork. This meant that our view of the Cliffs was completely unobstructed—there was no foggy mist in sight! Looking back at these photographs, I am still in awe of the beautiful clear skies amidst the spectacular scenery. 
For anyone thinking of visiting Ireland, seeing the Cliffs of Moher and other parts of County Clare is an absolute must! I have made a promise to myself that if I am ever back in Ireland years from now, I will make a point of visiting the Cliffs again...

2 comments:

  1. wow, breath taking! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these pictures! They are so gorgeous and I am living vicariously through you. When we visited, it was so rainy and foggy that you couldn't see a thing. Your pictures capture the cliffs in their real beauty, and I will just have to go back to see them again someday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger