Shandon Bells

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Andrew managed to capture my intense focus while ringing the church bells quite well...
On a lazy Sunday morning, we decided to take a walk around town and visit St. Anne's Church, known for its Shandon Bells and 360-degree views of Cork. For a small fee, we were able to climb up to the top of the church unattended, and take in the wonderful view. Some parts of the climb were actually pretty terrifying (example: at one point we had to duck under wood paneling and climb up a rickety ladder in the small bell tower filled with live birds and plenty of their poop haha), but the view at the end made the whole climb worth it. I was especially proud of Andrew for making it to the top, since he has a strange fear of birds as well as heights :)
sending love to all my friends and family back home! (and in other parts of Europe...) MWAH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger