A Day in Munich

Saturday, December 29, 2012

For a long weekend, Andrew and I decided to take a trip to Germany. We flew out early Wednesday morning and intended on having two full days in Munich. However, due to a number of unforeseen travel delays (and the satellite Munich airport being very far away from the actual city) we didn't get into Munich until late at night. So, we wound up only having one day to explore the city.

We decided to make the most of our one day in the city by getting an early start the next morning. Our first stop was Nymphenburg Palace, which had amazing grounds with forest paths and little creeks throughout. Almost no one else was at the palace since it was so gloomy and rainy, so it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. It's hard to describe, but I just had a wonderful sense of calm the whole time we were there. One of my all time favorite moments from my whole trip abroad was walking through the forest with Andrew.

Next, we headed to the Englischer Garten—a central park in Munich—hoping to visit one of its many beer gardens. Unfortunatley, none of the beer gardens were open since it was rainy (and probably off season) so we just walked around some more (we did a lot of walking that day...). Finally, we headed over to the HofbrÀuhaus am Platzl for some litres of beer and hearty food. It happened to be Thanksgiving Day back home, so we made sure to give thanks and stuff our faces :) Even though were were thousands of miles away from home, it was great to have one another and spend the holiday in such a cool city!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger