No Outfit, Just Some Thoughts...

Wednesday, September 4, 2013


Hi again! It's been a while, hasn't it? Probably the longest I've gone without blogging in the past two years. In fact, turns out I missed my two-year "blogiversary" by about 20 days. So...while I'm here...happy two years of blogging to me! Anyways, this has been a crazy month filled with a lot of personal changes. Because this is a public blog and not my personal diary, I'll spare you of all the nitty gritty details. Instead, I'll write something wonderfully vague to satisfy both my need to vent as well as give some sort of explanation for my absence.

As I get older, I'm becoming all the more aware that life is simply a series of constant changes and adjustments. Seeing as I don't do so well with change, this has been a hard pill for me to swallow. I've tried to explain it using the analogy of an ebb and flow. There are periods of time when everything seems to be going right, I'm in a natural routine, and I might even find myself, dare I say it...bored. However, as the universe will have it, too long of a flow is usually followed by an ebb—a more tumultuous period that usually involves a lot of change. It's a time when everything appears off balance and wine nights with my roommates seem to be the solution to everything (okay I take it back: these wine nights happen during the good times, too). If this convoluted analogy doesn't make any sense, perhaps this one will: When it rains, it pours.

Regardless of what metaphor I use to explain this past month, August has been a bit of a downpour and blogging hasn't really been on my radar. It's even taken me about two weeks to motivate myself to write this blog post. I have no doubt that I'll eventually get back into the habit of blogging since I really do love it, but getting my actual life together is taking a higher priority in this whole situation. Summer is coming to a close, and I'm about to enter my last quarter of college. Don't get me started...I'm already having a mild panic attack. My best friend and I have taken to calling it senior quarter rather than senior year since we are both taking the plunge into the "real world" come December. While I feel surprisingly prepared for what's to come, it's still hard to wrap my head around all the personal and professional changes that are headed my way in the coming months. Last night my roommates and I were discussing the whirlwind of changes that this past year has brought, so I can only imagine the craziness that these next 12 months have in store.

For now, I'm just trying to keep my head above water and appreciate the strong support system I have at home and in LA. Not to sound cheesy, but it's something I really am so grateful for. And, when all else fails, I've been living by this simple quote (yeah, maybe I found it on a Dove chocolate wrapper, who knows): You are exactly where you are supposed to be.

So...here's to a crazy September!

2 comments:

  1. Girl <3 If this sounds like what I think it sounds like, I think it can only mean that wonderful things are ahead! I know that when I was presented with similar personal challenges, I not only rose above them but I became a new me that has done far more than the previous me could have ever imagined. You'll rise above it, too, because you have so much to show the world! Keep your chin up but allow yourself some time to be nostalgic, too. Email me if you ever want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are leaning on your support system; never go it alone when times are difficult. Wishing you strength through this season of your life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclosure.

The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!
 

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger