Cookbook: Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Saturday, February 2, 2013

The other day, I looked at my food shelf and noticed an extremely ripe banana I had completely forgotten about. Suddenly, I had the random urge to bake and searched for a recipe where I could use my ripe banana (ripe bananas are the best for baking). First, I was inspired by this pin of delicious Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins. However, I realized my apartment doesn't have a muffin I decided to make cookies instead! This recipe is my own little creation, inspired by this muffin recipe as well as this cookie recipe. The cookies are thick and almost don't expect "normal" cookies to come out at the end :)

P.S. Clearly I have a thing for bananas, oatmeal, and chocolate chips...because my last (and only other) cookbook post was for banana oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes.


3/4 cup whole wheat or unbleached flour

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 cup quick-cooking oats (I used McCann's Irish Oatmeal)

1 very ripe banana, cut in 1-inch pieces and mashed

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 large egg

4 heaping tablespoons of Trader Joe's "Vanana" yogurt
(you can substitute for plain vanilla too!)

2 tablespoons peanut butter

2 tablespoons honey
(you can add less or more based on how sweet you want the cookies to be)

1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and set out a large cookie sheet covered in baking spray.

Mix all ingredients together, until the batter is well combined. Normally recipes tell you to mix certain things first, but I honestly just threw everything in the bowl and they turned out fine :)

Drop 2-3 inch wide spoonfuls of the batter on to the cookie sheets. Make sure the spoonfuls are about 2 centimeters thick.

Place the cookie sheet in the oven and then bake for about 13-16 minutes, depending on the desired crunchiness of the cookies. You'll know they are ready when the top of the cookies are firm, and nothing shows up on a fork if you pierce them.

Enjoy! These cookies are best when they are warm!


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


The Caffeinated Closet contains some affiliate marketing links that may result in a small commission for my site if items are purchased through them. Any items I receive free of charge from a company I mark as "courtesy of" (c/o) on my outfit details. I only endorse brands that fit my personal preferences and style, and my blog content is never influenced by advertisers.

Thanks for stopping by!

© The Caffeinated Closet All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger